The next online competition for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has been announced! The “International Challenge March” is the next online competition following the Kanto Classic and the second to utilize the brand new VGC format that was announced late 2015.
No festive gimmicks. No crazy rulesets. This online competition will be a perfect way to test out your skills with a tournament-legal team in anticipation of the 2016 Pokémon Video Game Championships later this year. Do you have what it takes to compete against the likes of Primal Groudon, Mega Kangaskhan, “Dark Void” Smeargle, and more?
Here’s the main rules you need to know for this competition:
- All battles will be Double Battles played in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
- Pokémon brought in via Poké Transporter will not be permitted (the blue pentagon is required)
- All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa
- All items will be allowed except Soul Dew; each Pokémon must hold a different item
- Teams may have no more than two of the following Pokémon:
Sign-ups begin from Thursday, March 17, 2016, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, March 24, 2016, at 23:59 UTC. Players who participate during the 2016 International Challenge March have a chance to earn 2000 Poké Miles should they make it within the top 256 players of each age division by the end of the competition. For more details, visit the official Pokémon Global Link page.
The International Challenge March begins Friday, March 25, 2016.