Following its premier on Japanese variety show Oha Suta, a new trailer for the upcoming Pokémon movie starring Volcanion and Magearna has been uploaded to Youtube by the official Japanese Pokémon Youtube channel. This new Volcanion movie trailer finally puts everything we’ve heard from previous plot summaries and story notes together into video form for the first time.
You can see the trailer for yourself here:
Let’s go over what’s been shown in the Volcanion movie trailer:
- Notice the mechanical flower-like device on the design documents 7 seconds into the trailer? This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a flower-like mechanical thingamajig in the series. Maybe it’s part of Magearna?
- The Kingdom of AZOTH is shown for the first time, in all of its mechanical glory; Clemont is having a field day.
- We finally see what bonds Ash and Volcanion together in this film: magnetized rings!
- Volcanion’s Japanese voice is revealed for the first time.
- At the 0:39 mark, what’s that cloaked figure laying on the ground in front of Volcanion?
- The villain of the story is shown for the first time, and he wants Magearna’s Soul Heart. He’s also rockin’ a flying battleship.
- Ash’s Noibat has evolved into Noivern at this point in the story in Japan, so we see it in action in this movie.
- Magearna’s compact form looks like a Poké Ball!
- Volcanion can fly using its pumps like a jet pack; did NOT see that coming
- That Mega Alakazam and Mega Glalie’s Mega Evolution symbol looked all pink and evil, and their eyes (along with Mega Steelix) glow pink as a result. Is this the work of that villain?
- Near the end of the trailer, it looks like the walls of AZOTH Kingdom are flying away, and Magearna’s controlling them. What could it mean?
The newest Pokémon movie, roughly translated as “Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna,” debuts in theaters in Japan on July 16, 2016.
I like this story so far! I’m curious to see how the mysterious relationship between Magearna and Volcanion pans out.